How to calculate the quantity of fire detectors you need? How to plan the fire detectors installation? What place is better to put the fire detector? Where to put the fire manual call point and how to calculate the quantity? Below we will instruct you.
Placing Fire Detectors
- At least one fire detector should be installed in each room of protection area.
Calculate the fire detectors quantity according to detector's monitoring area and radius. The quantity of fire detectors should be not less than calculated according to below formula.
N---detector quantity S---area of protection area (m2) A---monitoring area of detector (m2) K---revision value for special grade protection building, K is 0.7～0.8, for I grade protection building, K is 0.8～0.9, for II grade protection building, K is 0.9～1
- When install the detector on aisle roof with width less than 3m, the detector should be placed in the middle. The installing spacing of heat detector should not be exceed 10m. The installing spacing of smoke detector should not be exceed 15m. The distance between detector and end wall should not be more than half of installing spacing.
- The horizontal distance between detector and wall, beam edge should not be less than 0.5m.
- There should be no obstruction around 0.5m of the detector.
- When the room is separated by bookshelves, device or partitions and the distance between the top and roof or beam is less than 5% of room height, Then at lease one fire detector should be installed at each partition part.
- The horizontal distance between the detector and the air conditioner outlet should not be less than 1.5m, and should be close to the air inlet. The horizontal distance between the detector and the porous blower ceiling should not be less than 0.5m
Placing Manual Call Point
- At least one manual call point should be installed at each fire zone. The distance from any location within a fire zone to the nearest manual call point should not be more than 30m. Manual call point should be installed at the entrance and exit of public activity place.
- Manual call point should be installed at obvious and easy to operate places. When it is installed on the wall, the distance between its bottom to the floor should be 1.3～1.5m, and clearly marked.