Why is perimeter protection needed?

How to make home security solution? What type of security system should I choose? Should I DIY Home security or have monitor company make it?
vedard

Why is perimeter protection needed?

Unread post by vedard »

Perimeter protection should be more important than interior rooms for home security. Generally, we install fence around the perimeter or backyard area as the perimeter protection & security measure before. But how to prevent people from climbing the fence? Barbed wire? Yes, it is used in the old days.
What is the best security solution to warn illegal intrusion, theft, burglary and notify home owners in time? Infrared beam is adopted as the perimeter large land security protection. But traditional infrared beam is hard wired type and need to dig the groove and lay the pipeline. So it is used for commercial security and industry security or professional security project perimeter protection.
What security equipment can be used for DIY home security perimeter protection? Improved solar powered wireless infrared beam[url=https://vedardalarm.com/alarm-detector- ... ector-p-58]alarm[/url] system. No any cables, no any connection is needed. You can just fix it on the wall of the entrance windows, balcony etc. sides, or fix it on a pair of steel pipe on the fence or ground. Meanwhile, you need to buy a same brand alarm panel to code with it. So, the intrusion will be sent to the alarm panel and notify you by SMS, voice call, app prompt.
No worry it won't work at extreme weather condition. It work at -30℃~+70℃。 No worry it won't work at rainy days. The natural light will charge it and it can work for 15 rainy days without charge. No worry thunderstorm or destroy. It will send fault alarm if it doesn't work.
Attachments
infrared-grating.jpg
infrared-grating.jpg (276.93 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
install windows security equipment.png
install windows security equipment.png (948.83 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
perimeter security.jpeg
perimeter security.jpeg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
Last edited by vedard on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com
vedard

Experience of installing and using solar beam system

Unread post by vedard »

It's 900 feet from home toward street end of driveway, a small hill and mature pine and spruce trees between transmitter and receivers in home, shop and barn. Once charged, the solar cells have been able to charge the batteries including that latest harsh Wisconsin winter. Once I knew unit was sealed both IR transmitter and receiver with clear silicone sealer, including screw holes [easily removed if ever required]. I've used this now for over a year without any failures to detect vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles and not a few deer!

The units were easy to set up and pair to each other and the receiver. The range is pretty good (I took them to my dads house last night to test on his half mile driveway, and they worked a couple hundred feet short once I had a clear line of sight to the house). However, when you set them up be sure to press the buttons on the back to turn them off if you aren’t going to install them right away. It will drain the battery on the “B” unit and they will no longer pair even though the B battery light comes on when you press it. After calling tech support this morning, I charged the B unit with the AC adaptor and they paired fine this afternoon. Word from the tech support guy is they need to be installed somewhere the solar panel will get at minimum 5 hours of direct sunlight each day to stay charged.

Works great but due to deer movement had to install in- ground unit also. Tall grass in area needed to be cut back, will give false indications. Always let's us know someone is coming. Installed about 500 ft away from house, never had an issue with signal.

Truly a great addition to our home! We can't see the entrance to our driveway and this is a great addition to our home security as it lets us know anytime someone drives in to or off of our property.

I wanted something to replace my "mighty mule" driveway alert that just didn't work too good. A lot of false alarms. In searching for a Driveway Alert I found this one. I bought the lower priced one with the base receiver first. It was very easy to install, and has performed flawlessly. I bought two 4 ft by 1 1/2 inch galvanized pipes to mount them on. The pipe is pricey at Lowe's, about $25 ea plus a cap. Pounded them about 1 1/2 feet in the ground. Very stable in my soil, but should buy 5 ft to be sure.
In 3 weeks, no false alarms, and it's notified me of every car coming in the driveway. I have a U shaped drive (in and out), and decided to buy two more sensors and the more expensive receiver. I paired two open/close sensors with my Smartthings, and attached them to the dry contacts connections on the receiver. Now when a car enters my driveway, I not only get a text message (set up in Smartthings->notify me when< skill), and Alexa says "Someone is in the driveway".

Like this product a lot. It is exactly what I needed. We live in the country and have a long driveway. We don't get many visitors but when they do come they surprise me when they ring the door bell. Now I know when someone is coming. The base is about 300 ft from the sensors inside our block house and we have never had a problem with receiving the signal. It took some work to get the sensors installed and aligned but it wasn't hard, just tedious. The sensors have a view hole to check the alignment and a digital indicator to show how well they are aligned. I really appreciated the mounting hardware included that provide for many mounting options. Included was a sheet from the vendor with links to Youtube videos.
Attachments
beam installation.JPG
beam installation.JPG (102.02 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com
Jim

Re: Why is perimeter protection needed?

Unread post by Jim »

A proper security response acted once an intruder has been detected on the perimeter.
Guide and supplier for fire alarm systems.
AlfredNox

Can householders install the perimeter security by themselves?

Unread post by AlfredNox »

Is the solar power perimeter security beam easy to install? Any video or manuals?
vedard

Re: Can householders install the perimeter security by themselves?

Unread post by vedard »

AlfredNox wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:35 pm Is the solar power perimeter security beam easy to install? Any video or manuals?
Yes. The solar power beam is easy to install. Video and manuals can be found at burglar-alarm-system-manual.html
Shop professional security alarm system
Solar power perimeter security beam shop guidance.
Nikolson Kristofer

Re: Can householders install the perimeter security by themselves?

Unread post by Nikolson Kristofer »

vedard wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:24 am
AlfredNox wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:35 pm Is the solar power perimeter security beam easy to install? Any video or manuals?
Yes. The solar power beam is easy to install. Video and manuals can be found at burglar-alarm-system-manual.html
Shop professional security alarm system
Solar power perimeter security beam shop guidance.
Thank you much!

Is anybody using some automation products outdoor, if yes - which one? Thanks in advance