How to choose active infrared beams

You can post your website about home security and alarm systems here. Welcome to help others study DIY home security and solve the security system problems.
vedard

How to choose active infrared beams

Unread post by vedard »

From https://vedard.com/blog/how-to-choose-a ... red-beams/
There are different beams quantity such as 2 beams, 3 beams, 4 beams, 6 beams and 8 beams of photoelectric beam sensor. So, how many beams should I choose? The more beams means higher of protection height and longer of detection distance. For example, if the distance between two infrared holes is 35mm, then, for 3 beams sensor, the protection height is 70mm. For 4 beams sensor, any two neighbor beams are blocked, it will trigger alarm. Same for 6 beams or 8 beams sensor. So more beams will be with more security such as for bank. More beams means more power of infrared beam transmission and with stronger penetration to against interference of fog, sunshine etc.
And what does the infrared detection distance mean? It means the distance between the transmission terminal and receiving terminal. The actual installation distance should be less than 80% of the specified distance. For example, the specified detection distance is 100m, then the actual installation detection distance should be less than 80m. If no interference, the detection can reach to 6 times of specified distance. (6*100=600m). But environment interference should be considered for using.
There are some rules for active infrared beam installation. For example, if the beam sensor is installed on a low wall, the distance between the top of the wall and the lowest infrared hole should be around 150mm. Because the size of a normal person is 500mm(width)*200mm(thickness), that will avoid intrusion of people from bottom side of the beam sensor and false alarm triggered by small animals.
[attachment=0]project-perimeter-security.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
project-perimeter-security.jpg
project-perimeter-security.jpg (100.78 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com
AmeliaCam

-

Unread post by AmeliaCam »

Hi. Somebody told me that I can only choose a set of subjects from each category. As for optional subjects EG. Whole set of business or whatsoever. is it true that i cant choose mix subjects e.g. one from business group one form IR group and so on?
vedard

Re: Guide to shop solar wireless burglar alarm system

Unread post by vedard »

AmeliaCam wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:43 am Hi. Somebody told me that I can only choose a set of subjects from each category. As for optional subjects EG. Whole set of business or whatsoever. is it true that i cant choose mix subjects e.g. one from business group one form IR group and so on?
Hello AmeliCam, there is guide to shop solar power wireless burglar alarm system at our security alarm technical blog. Click shop solar beam.
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com
vedard

What did buyers ask and review of solar power burglar alarm system?

Unread post by vedard »

We have most happy buyers and a few unhappy buyers. The buyers have some electronic knowledge and like to ask are always happy. Because the beam system soloved the outdoor security problem and can be DIY. Unhappy buyers are always with little electronics knowledge and alarm system installation experience. They shop solar beam sensor only without receiver, or they do not understand the instruction and they do not ask us to provide video guidance.
Click to see what buyers ask of beam sensors
Review of beam sensor at amazon.
At amazon Question of solar power wireless siren strobe.