Solar Panel Installation

Smart home and security home new technology and innovation. DIY home automation sharing knowledge and experience.
johnii

Solar Panel Installation

Unread post by johnii »

Hi,

I have a dual battery setup with redarc 1225D (Solar input) and want to have Solar Panel charge the battery, what panel should I buy? What wattage is suitable?

Looking for something robust as 80% of my driving is dirt/Corrugation.

I also have a trailer with a Battery I would like to charge via solar and maybe from Alternator. Can I add a third battery to the Redarc or whats the best way to go to keep that battery charged?
vedard

Re: Solar Panel Installation

Unread post by vedard »

johnii wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:25 pm Hi,

I have a dual battery setup with redarc 1225D (Solar input) and want to have Solar Panel charge the battery, what panel should I buy? What wattage is suitable?

Looking for something robust as 80% of my driving is dirt/Corrugation.

I also have a trailer with a Battery I would like to charge via solar and maybe from Alternator. Can I add a third battery to the Redarc or whats the best way to go to keep that battery charged?
Hello Johnii,
We are not professional for solar panel but solar power burglar alarm system such as solar driveway break beam, intruder alarm and solar security camera.
Please contact redarc for help or visit their website for the information.
If someone can help answer this question, that would be very great and appreciated.
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com
DavWed

solar panel

Unread post by DavWed »

Thanks Scott. I like the look of the 430w panel, but the max voltage output is 42v, so too high for my dcdc chargers. If there is a solar controller out there that will handle that input for a 12v system then I could be tempted.