Infrared Beams calibration how to do?

Perimeter Security system wireless solar power photoelectric beam system installing instruction. Video guidance and user manual for setting up solar power beam system for outdoor yard, wall, balcony security protection.
vedard

Infrared Beams calibration how to do?

Unread post by vedard »

Question:
Doing some test with long infrared distance installation (around 30 to 40m) of Q4 wall beam detector, I have some question. I would like to know which is the optimal value screen must display?. User manual says "Make sure digital screen display has already showed maximum figure, figure floating +-30", so :

Which is maximum figure ?
Which is low limit value ?
Which is the range value ?
What affect for getting a proper value?, Just alignment (calibration like manual says)?
How affect at functionality just getting low limit value?

Answer:
About calibration of the beams, there is no exact optimal value. In cloudy days, the displayed figure (value) will be higher, 500 for example. In sunny days, the value will be lower, 200 for example.
If the illumination changing, the value will change. If the change keeps within +/-30, it is ok.
Value is higher than 100 is ok.
There are two ways to judge whether or not the beams are aimed. One way is see the value displayed is stable. Another way is test the beams. Block one hole and the beam will not trigger alarm, block two holes, the beams will not trigger alarm. Only all three holes are blocked, it will trigger alarm.
If the beam is not well calibrated, it may cause false alarm in strong sunlight days or strong windy days. And battery consumes quickly.
Last edited by vedard on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com
vedard

Infrared beams installation problem

Unread post by vedard »

Question:
Regarding installation precautions related with sun exposure. Manual says: Keep infrared hole not exposed to direct sunlight. Please let me know how is possible to do that. Detectors are for protect perimeters, so will be installed outside. By logic in some moment of the day sunlight will hit directly to infrared hole. Or, should I understand, if sun goes from east to west (in this part of the world), is not possible to protect two sides in an square area?. That's assuming that the sunlight will not significantly affect the other two sides, although, I think, anyway will happen sometime in the day.
Answer:
Regarding precaution of not install expose to sunlight, it means not install the beams at inclined angle and let the infrared hole expose to sunlight at noon time (with strong sun light interference). It has no problem to expose to sunlight in the morning or at afternoon (weak sunlight)
Shop Focus brand wireless alarm, HB solar power alarm, HST fire alarm at https://www.vedardalarm.com